Monday, June 23, 2008

The Rest Of Milan...

Whatever men.style.com is reporting on is making me sick. Literally, my stomach is hurting. It is time, ladies and gentlemen, for the independent and emerging menswear labels to take over the grandfather companies that are currently being seen as "menswear designers." The only collections I saw with a sliver of potential were Burberry and Neil Barrett(see posts below), and those was still sub-par. All the others reported about are just keeping menswear at a baggy mess of blah. Maybe it was just because it's in Milan, but everything resembled a European discotheque.

Clearly these designers don't have the menswear inspiration that they need to re-invent the market. But, it's ok because it's already being reinvented by the independent designers, who as always, are one step ahead. There is so much potential in this market it makes me crazy. I can't wait for Capsule, Project, and my trip to NYC to see some actual menswear.

No comments: