Thursday, April 3, 2008

Comme Des Garcons for H&M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I'm a total nerd but this is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE DESIGNER COLLABORATION out there. Both partners are effing amazing. Rei Kawakubo is insanely talented, and for a 'big-name' label, CDG is hot. And H&M is the supplier of 50% of my clothing (40% vintage, 10% designer (can't afford 100% designer yet)). So I rely on these collaborations. Still, it's kind of getting to the point where EVERYONE is doing a designer collab (I winced when I heard Express was following along), but H&M has been behind this type of thing for a while (I think Target was first). Anyway, H&M rules. Comme Des Garcons rules even more. There's no way this will let us down. *Note this is womenswear AND menswear (and some other stuff). Here's what We Are the Market said:

H&M has announced its next designer collaborator: Comme des Garcons. The famously avant-garde Japanese label, spearheaded by design powerhouse Rei Kawakubo, will provide a range of both men's and womenswear, as well as childrenswear, accessories and a new unisex fragrance for the retailer. In honour of its Japanese roots, the collaborative line will launch exclusively at H&M in Tokyo in November before being rolled out worldwide a few days later.

What Fashion Indie Says about it

No comments: